Last night, Ellen Degeneres hosted the most tweet-worthy Oscars to date, with jabs at J-Law’s nonexistent center of gravity and as many Meryl Streep shoutouts as possible during the three and a half hour broadcast. All standard stuff. Except for the pizza. And the selfies. and THE SELFIE. There’s a lot to debrief, but we picked the 10 most important talking points about this year’s awards, so you have a sense of what Twitter’s talking about today.
1. Jennifer Lawrence tripped before she even made it into the auditorium.
Didn’t see that one coming.
2. The front row was essentially composed of beautiful, young couples.
Suki + Bradley + JLaw + Nicholas Hoult = <3 <3 <3
4. U2 took this group photo…
….of Benedict Cumberbach
5. Ellen killed it in Hedi Slimane Saint Laurent, no less…
But most importantly she KILLED IT as Glenda
6. Bradley Cooper’s arm was definitely long enough to take the selfie that BROKE TWITTER.
(But not long enough to get Liza)
7. Ellen ordered pizza for everyone
8. And then later walked around with Pharell’s hat (it’s back) collecting $ from everyone.
Lupita contributed lip balm, because she is a woman of the people.
Harvey Weinstein contributed $200. Because Hollywood.
8. John Travolta got to introduce Idina Menzel
and the internet EXPLODED again
9. Leo didn’t win. Let’s not talk about it.
10. But Lupita did!
She was very regal and gracious and in custom Prada and looked like Cinderella. Basically, the night was hers.
Check out our favorite looks from last night on Tuckyourselfin.com